Tuesday, May 7, 2013

See what I'm doing here?

So, my wife is mommy blogging. So far, I haven't really figured into the narrative. And that's just fine by me. I kinda like that. I like having a chance to sit back and occasionally get mentioned in the white knight capacity.

I've gotta ask, though, at what point does this whole thing start being about me again?  Before the kid came along, I could talk about myself for hours, and the wife seemed content to hear about my day or lunch. Or my job. Oh sure, there is something fulfilling about being a dad. But at what age do kids start to express an interest in hearing about how bad the traffic was this afternoon?

Two? Two and a half? I don't have to wait until kindergarten, do I?


1 comment:

  1. Based on my own experience, dad stuff will become relevant once the children are in the workplace, so for this generation, mid-30's?

    ReplyDelete